Full Stack Web Developer
Schweb Design is searching for a talented & experienced full-stack web developer with strong experience developing and maintaining websites & web applications.Apply for this job
The ideal candidate with will have strong experience with:
- Laravel framework development.
- ReactJS (or similar e.g. VueJS, Angular)
- Back end (e.g. PHP) development experience
- Front end (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Custom development in CMS’s like WordPress or Drupal
As a full-stack web developer at Schweb Design, you will work with dozens of local small businesses & non-profits and join our current team of developers, designers, and SEO marketers.
The ideal candidate is a self-learner and self-manager with good time management skills who enjoys collaboration and can communicate effectively in a group of diverse personalities.
- 2+ years of experience with Laravel or CMS frameworks like WordPress and/or Drupal
- 2+ years of experience with React.js Vue.js or Angular.js
- 2+ years experience in Full Stack Development (PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML, JS)
- 1+ years experience with SSH and GIT
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science (or similar relevant specialization) or equivalent professional experience.
- Applicant must be able to commute to our office currently located in Leola, PA (near Lancaster, PA).
What will set you apart:
- Advanced experience with the Laravel PHP Framework
- Advanced experience of ReactJS, VueJS, or other MVC frameworks
- Experience with React Native iOS / Android App development
- Proficiency with Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MariaDB/MySQL, MongoDB)
- Advanced understanding of popular CMS frameworks like WordPress and/or Drupal including custom theming and development
- Experience with Git version-control, CLI commands & related tools
- Website design experience and an eye for design.
- A related degree such as Computer Science, Web Development, IT/IS, or Website Design
- Hours per week: 40 +
- Work weekends? Optional
- Work with a team? Work will require both solo and team work.
- Average daily start time: 8-9am
- Average daily quit time: 4:30-5:30pm
- Holiday & Vacation pay: available with accrual over time
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Overtime and bonus pay available for hitting goals
- Pay commensurate with experience
- The ideal candidate is local (Temporarily working remote due to COVID19 guidelines)
Responsibilities & duties:
- Write front-end code, back-end code, integrate with frameworks and APIs, and utilize CLI tools and configuration GUI’s as necessary.
- Create and update websites with focus on creating an exceptional visitor experience while conveying a professional appearance that accurately represents each client’s brand and goals.
- Analyze clients’ needs to implement web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity.
- Integrate web sites with other computer applications.
- Keep up-to-date with web development technologies and trends.
- Utilize and implement attractive, thoughtfully laid out, fully-responsive & mobile friendly website contexts and elements.
- Work directly with clients to implement solutions that best meet the needs of their business
- Applicant must be able to commute daily to our office currently located in Leola, PA (near Lancaster, PA).
- Previous experience with CMS’s like Drupal & WordPress, PHP frameworks such as Laravel, and/or MVC frameworks like React, Vue.js, and Angular is preferred.
- An experienced understanding of web design and user experience principles.
Highlights about this job:
- Flexible work hours
- Overtime available
- Opportunity to earn extra incentive pay
- Work with a wide array of clients and industries
- Collaborative team environment
- You will learn something new every day
- Challenging, unique, & daily-changing work
- Work rarely follows you home
- The opportunity to interact directly with clients.
- Rigorous work environment with focus on efficiency.
- We are a growing small business with a small team. We have a close-knit, team-oriented culture, and we are still growing.
- Your tasks from day to day may vary greatly depending on the project(s) at hand.
Top qualities & skills we want:
- Strong attention to details and procedures; Ability to be analytical and thorough
- Strong ability to communicate efficiently with team members and clients.
- Strength in leading as well as working cooperatively with a team.
- Fast-pasted worker yet thorough and organized.
- Strong time management ability.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks across a wide range of client projects and industries. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Top 3 attitudes we want:
- Being self-managed with a strong work ethic. You will not have a strict regular agenda or be told what to do each day; You will have the opportunity to set priorities and goals for yourself as well as our clients, which affect their bottom line.
- Appreciate a challenge and approaches it with commitment, earnestness, and enthusiasm.
- Have the heart of a teacher with willingness and ability to explain the how and why.
Schweb is a growing business with exciting projects & work on the horizon. We believe in a team environment that promotes the ability to make a difference within not only our own team but for our clients and local community. Our team treats eachother with the heart of a teacher in an environment of respect, collaboration and dedication to excellence.
Your work space:
- You will be provided with your own work space, desk, & chair.
- You will be provided your own company computer
- Work on our privately managed production & development web server(s)
- Freshly-brewed, free coffee every day.
We believe work should be:
- done for a purpose
- fun, yet challenging
- a learning experience
- done with excellence
- done with the heart of a teacher
Schweb Design is a small, expanding web development, design, SEO & online marketing agencies in the Lancaster, PA area. We specialize in Drupal & WordPress, harnessing the power and flexibility of open-source for the benefit of our clients, while contributing back to the open-source communities however we can. We believe business should not be done with a closed fist, but rather that work & the experience/knowledge that comes with it should be done with the heart of a teacher educating, giving, and adding value to the lives & businesses of our clients. We believe websites are an investment and should be more than a hobby by making our clients money & increased profits and can be leveraged to give back to the local community.Apply for this job